Cakes by Chris & Katie Hooker - "Baker Man and Cake Lady"

Contact Us at:



678-404-COTC (2682) or e-mail us at
cakesonthecorner@hotmail.com







Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Flood? What flood?

We have recently been very busy. We have had an average of two cakes per weekend, and most of which were not little cupcakes. I'm talking monsters here folks. We had a "40" cake for our friend, downtown Wendy Brown. It was her sister's 40th and she wanted a cake that was the number 40. She sent us an invitation so we could figure colors and designs to be used, and that was no help. We had to dig a little deeper. We did find out that her sisters favorite colors were "fall colors", and we ran with it. We ended up doing a chocolate icing cake, with teal and orange icing. WB said she wanted it cute, but grown up. She wanted us to somehow incorporate the little phrases that were on the invite. Finished product care of some of the new techniques we have learned in our class we are taking.


After we had that cake to done, we had to finish another cake for someone at church. She was doing a joint birthday part with her daughter. They had some family coming into town so it didn't need to be super big, just super cute. She wanted "girly colors and some polka-dots" This cake had to be delivered Sunday morning, and I had to work Friday, and Saturday day. Needless to say, time was against us. I get home late Saturday night from getting the kids, put them to bed, and want nothing more than to crawl into bed. Alas, staring at me were these two cakes, plane and unfinished. Dang-it. I muscle up enough strength to channel my inner girl, and decorate this cake they way I would for my daughter. The finished product looked great, or so I am told, and I couldn't be happier. I know that most of you have heard the phrase, "If you don't use it, you lose it" right? That applies to cursive writing. It took me 7, count em, SEVEN attempts to get this "J" right. (the mother and daughter shared the same first initial)


No comments:

Post a Comment