Cakes by Chris & Katie Hooker - "Baker Man and Cake Lady"

Contact Us at:



678-404-COTC (2682) or e-mail us at
cakesonthecorner@hotmail.com







Saturday, June 19, 2010

It can only get better right?!

This is the first time in a while I have sat down to actually write a little more than..."Here's what you missed on Glee." Speaking of Glee, does any one other than me and Baker Man watch it?! I know my sister does, but when I ask people outside my perimeter they look at me like I'm crazy, "Glee?" Anyway, the season finale had me crying. Baker Man would say I cry at everything including and not limited to the Wal-Mart commercial with the clown. You know the one?! But really, those tears are ones of laughter rather than the "that touched me real deep" kind of tears. Anyways, if anyone else saw it, you are not alone. I watched and grabbed for the tissues too.

So lately...Baker Man is back to working both jobs--Firefighter/paramedic and late night hospital shifts 7pm - 3am. When he's there, after I put the kids to bed, I fold laundry and watch General Hospital while hoping and praying Northside Cherokee is not that dramatic! I'm back to working my two jobs - Corporate services representative for Terracon and Special Events manager at the Pavillion. Then there's the kids and the cakes and the church stuff. I think I have seen Baker Man a total of 3 waking hours this past week, 2 of which we were arguing about the PS3 after which we both had to apologize. So, I say all that to say this...it can only get better right?! I mean eventually we will be normal humans that get at least 8 hours of sleep at night instead of Zombies that are lucky to put on matching shoes. Yes, I must assure myself...this life is not like milk. It will not go sour, start to clump and reek of death like the sippy cup we found in the car shoved under the driver side seat (which I was starting to think that odor was a dead bear rotting in my car). There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Althouh very dim, it's there!

The kids lately--Little Man is taking swim lessons with his future wife (yes he's only three but it's been decided). He absolutely loves it! The downfall - the past three times we went, the moment we stepped foot onto the pool deck...thunder...wait...lightning...cancelled. Devestating to a three year old that was all pumped up to plunge his body off the diving board all in an attempt to show his woman his super hero powers. So, we've been rescheduled for next week. Which might be the craziest week of our lives! Wedding cake, cupcakes, cake pops, brownie balls and wedding festivities...I'm not sure sleep will fit in the schedule this week. Little Girl has been up to no good! She insists on climbing on and jumping off of everything. Including the dog, Mayonaise. She has a monstruous knot on her forehead with a bruise that is now turning a lovely shade of green. She thinks Mayonaise is a horse and her booster seat is a diving board. She has already busted her head open once (which we superglued shut) and now I'm just waiting for that phone call from Baker Man while I'm at work, "We're on our way to the hospital because Little Girl..." That one keeps us on our toes!

And now for the latest cake...
Flower birthday cake for Evie's 1st birthday (her awesome mom has one of my favorite blogs!)

Up Close of one of the flowers

Well, I'm going to bed...look before 11:00!!

1 comment:

  1. we love glee too! even matt! we are catching up from season 1.
    don't know how you do it all......

    ReplyDelete