Cakes by Chris & Katie Hooker - "Baker Man and Cake Lady"

Contact Us at:



678-404-COTC (2682) or e-mail us at
cakesonthecorner@hotmail.com







Sunday, January 24, 2010

Where have I been?! Where have you been?

Someone stopped me today in church and asked me, "Where have you been?" To which I responded, "Where have I been?!?! Where have you been? I've been here the whole time!!!!" No really, I've been here, but underneath a mountain of clutter, chaos, and dust! And oh how I've missed you (if I really have followers, and I don't mean in the white cloak kind of way). So, since it has been a while, I'm going to keep this one simple and give you some of the latest (however we are missing a couple of pictures because I went out of town and Baker Man was stuck caking on his own, what a trooper! Although I do still bug him for the pictures). The line up:
Flower Cake.
Butterfly cake
"Turkey Cake Balls" (this was just for fun for a "kid friendly" dessert, we made 2 1/2 dozen, they were gobbled up) :)
Hot Dog Cake
1st birthday cake
Barbie Princess Cake
We are missing pictures of the Slumber party cake, the Horse silouette cake, and the "Sour Patch Kids Cheerleader cake" (sounds weird but it turned out really cute, you know 16 year olds, like strange things).

Well, that sums up the latest cakes...I think, but there is something else I want to share...I went the the World's BEST Cake shop EVER! The Cake Art Store in Tucker, GA. WOW! First I was in heaven, and then my bliss quickly went to overwhelming fear. What have I gotten myself into? I asked myself. The answer...the most expensive hobby ever. Not to mention the fact that most people don't want to pay for the BEAUTY that is Cake Art (did you catch the pun). So, I have realized that this is not a way to make a living, but it is still something I love doing. Anyway, back to the store. It was aisle after aisle of nothing but cake...stuff. Molds, edible pearls, luster dust, pearl dust, and petal dust (I didn't even know there were so many kinds of edible dusts!?), cake pans, candy making tools, cup cake paper wraps, cake boards, and well, I could go on and on and on. Lets just sum it up with WOW oh WOW! So now, the dream, I not only fantisize about owning a bakery, but now opening a Art of Cake...I think the name needs work, but we'll see. Tata for now :)

1 comment:

  1. I fell better now! Thankyou for posting. The butterfly cake is stunning! You Gus are in credible and I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete